The first recordings took place on Monday 20 Nov in Campie and Wallyford Primary Schools. There were a few reasons I decided to start experimenting with recording in the primary sector:
- they responded with the most glee at the suggestion
- larger group lessons (than in a secondary) would mean fewer cases of nerves
- less exam pressure (external and SQA) affords us the luxury of more time
There are a few things I would hope might go better in the future:
- a technical glitch resulted in the loss of a very good solo P7 performance
- the balance of pupils’ tune and my accompaniment was not always ideal
- having experienced the distractions which can come about as a result of nerves, a few pupils might put in a little more time
- a change of strings might enliven some recordings
Nevertheless, everyone enjoyed the experience immensely including, for some reason, introducing the personnel and items – which was all done without autocue! Without it getting in the way of teaching, I hope that this will become a regular feature.
Please navigate your way to the individual page for each school to hear the recordings.