CLICK HERE to view the latest newsletter
As part of our whole school transition, children have been practicing lining up in their new positions today.
For tomorrow ONLY, Friday 23rd June:
- P1 (going into P2) to line up in their new position in the upper playground and be dismissed at usual time in the upper playground.
- P2 (going into P3) to line up in their new lines tomorrow morning in the infant playground and will be dismissed from the infant playground at the end of the day at their normal time of 12.10pm.
- P3 – P6 (going into P4 – P7 respectively) to line up in their new lines and be dismissed as usual from the upper playground.
- Children will be dismissed as normal today
- Lines will revert back to normal on Monday 26th June
*** We believe that there has been some confusion over the new P2 and P3 arrangements. Just to clarify, the current P1s (going into P2) will line up/be dismissed from the upper playground. The current P2s (going into P3) will line up/be dismissed from the infant playground.
We have three P2 classes next session whose classrooms are located at the upper end of the school to keep them together. Our two P3 classes will be in the infant corridor and it makes more sense for them to line up/be dismissed from the playgrounds as stated above.
At morning break and lunch time, the P2s will play in the infant playground and P3s in the upper playground. They have been shown where to line up and we have cones/class flags in the playground ahead of tomorrow morning. ***
Just a reminder of details ahead of Monday’s celebrations for our Primary 7s ….
Trip to Ryze (10am-1pm)
- Attend school for normal time. We will leave for Ryze at 10am, returning to school at 1pm
- Please wear comfortable clothing and P7 hoodie
- Bring a snack/water as normal
Buffet Lunch provided for all children – (1-1.45pm)
Outdoor games and water fight (1.45pm-end of day)
- Bring a towel, and a change of clothing for after the water fight.
- Bring super soaker/water pistols to school if you have any.
Evening Disco (6.30pm – 8.45pm)
- Meet at Community Centre at 6.30pm for photographs
- The children will then be piped from the centre to school for the disco.
- The disco will run from 7 – 8.45pm.
Thank you so much for all offers of help – any help to clear the school hall after the disco would be much appreciated.
SSPDT are holding a five day piping and drumming workshop from Mon 24 – Fri 28 July, 10am – 3pm each day. The summer school is open to all young pipers/chanter players, snare drummers and bass and tenor drummers in East Lothian.
The venue is Port Seton Community Centre.
The cost of the summer school is £75 for the week.
A Transportation Card and Young Scot Card will be handed to each P7 child as appropriate today. Please see below arrangements for the forthcoming transitions days:
WEDNESDAY 21st JUNE
Class Teachers will accompany children on the bus to PLHS; a member of staff will be at the Chalmers Church bus stop and the middle stop on Alders Road. Your child should go to the nearest bus stop at 08:15hrs and meet their teachers there. The staff will also accompany the children home on the bus departing PLHS at 15:45 hrs.
THURSDAY 22nd & FRIDAY 23rd JUNE
Children make their own way there via their allocated bus stop at 08:15hrs and a member of staff will check they arrive safely at PLHS. They will depart at 15:45hrs on Thursday & 12:00hrs on the Friday from PLHS.
Please remind your child to bring the following:
- Transportation card
- Smart card
- Money to load onto card for lunches (a meal deal is £2.10 x 2 plus break time snacks) click here to view lunch menu
- Snacks/packed lunches if preferred
- PE kit (in case it is timetabled)
- Pencil case
- Children will NOT be allowed to leave PLHS building at lunchtimes during the transition days
- Children living outwith Port Seton should advise whether they will meet us at PLHS or travel on the bus.
- Reminder that there is a P7 Parents’ Evening at PLHS on Thursday 22nd June at 19:00hrs
- You can visit our page on the blog which details all correspondence relating to transition/end of year celebrations:
PLHS Transition Correspondence/End of Year Celebrations
Please CLICK HERE for further details.
East Lothian Council Arts Service have put together a fantastic programme of summer holiday activities for young people, across the County.
These include: multi art camps, streetdance, musical theatre, stagecraft, computer animation, outdoor theatre and more!
To find out more click on this link http://www.thebrunton.co.uk/thebrunton/downloads/download/48/summer_holiday_arts_activities_2017 or go to www.thebrunton.co.uk and click on Summer Holiday Arts Activities on the homepage.
Activities can be booked online at http://eastlothian.bookinglive.com/summer-activities .