What is the Parent Link?
It’s a forum of parents joined by a co-opted teacher member and the head teacher. East Lothian Councillors can also attend.
What is the role of the Parent Link?
The main duties of the parent Link are to—
- support the school in its work
- consult with and represent the views of parents and carers
- encourage links between the school and its pupils and parents/carers
- report back to all the parents in the school (called the Parent Forum)
- play a role in the appointment of headteachers and depute headteachers
The Chair of the Parent Link and other members also have the opportunity to represent the school on the Preston Seton Gosford area partnership and the East Lothian Association of Parent Council Members.
All meetings of the Parent Link are held in public and parents and carers are welcome to come along to any meeting of the Council to feed in views and find out more.
Our Parent Link members are:
- Co – Chairs: Kelly Evans & Nichola Ma
- Clerk: Jacqui Dunlop
- Co-Opted: to be confirmed
- Class reps: to be confirmed
Please feel free to contact Kelly or Nicki by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Meeting – the next meeting will take place onWednesday 1st November at 7.00pm. Agenda will be posted week commencing 23rd October. If you’re unable to attend and would like something raised please get in touch via the email address above or through the school office.
Future meetings for 2017-18:
Wednesday 1st November 7.00pm (Gavin Clarke speaking)
Tuesday 28th November 7.00pm
Tuesday 30th January 7.00pm
Wednesday 21st March 7.00pm
Tuesday 15th May 7.00pm