Venue: Dance & Movement Studio, Sanderson’s Wynd Primary
The course is made up of 7 sessions on the following dates,
Thursday 26th April 2018, 3rd May 2018, 10th May 2018, 17th May 2018, 24th May2017, 31st May 2018 and 7th June 2018 .
ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY AT ALL SESSIONS
Teaching & Support staff working with children who use signing to augment their communication.
Phase 1 manuals will be loaned for the duration of the course.
On completion of the course, participants will:
- Understand why signing is used
- Develop a signing vocabulary –based on Phase 1 Signalong manual
- Be able to follow the descriptors in the manual in order to produce signs accurately
- Be aware of the range of materials and resources available.
- Key points when using Signalong
- Deciphering the code
- Signing practice
- Generalisation & Symbolic development
- Accessing resources
Tutors: Karen Allen & Anne Cockburn
To book a place on this course please email the staff development team at firstname.lastname@example.org with the course reference ASN022, your name, designation, school and email address.