ASN024 Thursday 9th March 2017
ASN025 Thursday 11th May 2017
4.00-5.30pm Physio Gym, Musselburgh Primary Care Centre, Inveresk Road, EH21 7BP
This Autism Awareness course is aimed at improving Class teachers and ASN Auxiliaries awareness of autism, its nature and features and gives practical advice on dealing with individuals who have an autism spectrum disorder
On completion of the course, participants will:
- Have an improved awareness of autism, and its impact its effects and symptoms
- Have an understanding of the environmental or internal sensory difficulties that can impact on the pupil.
- Be aware of the communication and social interaction difficulties that the pupils face.
- Be familiar with techniques and approaches for supporting pupils with autism in the classroom
- Myths and facts in Autism
- What is Autism?
- Sensory Processing
- Strategies and suggestions
Tutors : Laura Gray, Speech and Language Therapist, Susan Hagart, DHT, The Cove Communication Provision, Angela McLeman, Occupational Therapist