Wednesday 8 February 2017 5pm-7pm at The Honest Toun Nursery Musselburgh
A Twilight Session designed for all practitioners working in Early Learning and Childcare in East Lothian as part of a series of twilight sessions to build our ambition to be reflective practitioners dedicated to delivering the highest quality early learning experiences. The sessions provide an ideal opportunity to develop a partnership network and to share practice
The session will focus on the following areas and provide opportunity for reflective discussion with colleagues:
- Impact of modern toys on the development of fine motor skills
- Motor milestones of the hand in preparation for handwriting.
- Fine motor activities in the nursery environment and the importance of positioning
- Developmental stages of a pencil grasp.
- Common difficulties and possible occupational therapy approaches to them
Session Tutor: Angela Mcleman Occupational Therapist – Musselburgh Primary Care Centre
Places for this course can be booked by e-mailing the Staff Development Team, see below, with the name of the Course, course reference, name of staff wishing to book, their position and their e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Places are limited (maximum of 2 places per setting) and early booking is advised