East Lothian Early Learning and Childcare Twilight Sessions 2017/18
SessionPC06: STEM in Early Years
Wednesday 25th April 2018 5pm-7pm at Cherry Trees Nursery, Dunbar,
A Twilight Session designed for all practitioners working in Early Learning and Childcare in East Lothian as part of a series of twilight sessions to build our ambition to be reflective practitioners dedicated to delivering the highest quality early learning experiences. The sessions provide an ideal opportunity to develop a partnership network and to share practice.
Looking inwards: To reflect on the ways children are involved in science, technology, engineering and maths in our setting.
- To understand how STEM can enhance quality teaching and learning in our settings
- To develop integrated knowledge across disciplines and contexts, encouraging practitioners to think in a more connected and holistic way
- To share good practice from our settings
- To participate in STEM experiences and discuss the skills and knowledge gained and how these experiences can be developed
- Looking forwards: To decide how STEM can be developed in our own settings.
Session Tutors: Louise Juhl and Wendy Hardie – East Lothian Partner Nurseries Support Teachers
To book a place please email staff development quoting the reference number PC06. Please include your name, designation, organisation and contact email address.
Only 2 spaces per organisation.