Elementary Food Hygiene – ( Full Training)
Staff based in East Lothian Schools who are involved in food preparation on a regular basis as part of their job role.
This is for those who have not completed the full course previously and also for those who have completed this course previously but who have not refreshed their training within 5 calendar years.
To provide delegates with theoretical information and practical advice to ensure that food handling activities are carried out hygienically and safely
Benefits of attending:
On completion of the course, participants will:
- Identify what is meant by pathogenic bacteria and the factors required for bacterial growth
- State and explain how food poisoning and food contamination can be prevented and the necessary controls required for prevention.
- Explain the need for high standards of personal hygiene
- Describe acceptable methods of cleaning and disinfection
- Outline, briefly, the legislative requirements relating to food safety
- Undertake the multiple choice test following the REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene Course. Delegates will be required to undertake a multiple choice test at the end of the course. On successful completion, delegates will be awarded the Elementary Food Hygiene Course certificate by the Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland
Tutor: Sandra Williamson
Date: Friday 16 March 2018
Venue: Training room 2, Musselburgh East Community Learning Centre
To book a place please email the staff development team with the course reference, your name, designation, school and your contact email.