Asthma & Severe Allergies
PLEASE NOTE THAT COURSE HSL014 IS NOW FULLY BOOKED.
All staff working in an Education setting, Childminders, Playgroups, After School Club settings
Benefits of attending
On completion of the course, participants will:
- Have an improved and up-to-date knowledge of asthma management in Schools
- Have a clear understanding of asthma and current treatments including administration and storage of medication in Schools
- Be confident in ability to deal with crisis management
- Be aware of the up-to-date information about the management of severe allergies in Schools
- Recognize allergen avoidance, early recognition of symptoms and emergency management
- Describe and demonstrate the method of administration of EpiPen
- Be aware of the need for a Health Care Plan and the responsibilities of all parties within the School environment
- What is asthma? Triggers, signs and symptoms of asthma
- Asthma medicines – how they work /administration and storage
- Emergency asthma management
- Asthma, PE and sporting activities
- What is anaphylaxis?
- Storage: Management in Schools
- Allergen avoidance.
- Emergency Management
- What to do in an allergic reaction?
- Who’s responsible for what?
- Want more information
- Practice with Trainer device
On completion of the course, participants will be issued with a certificate of attendance, valid for two years
Tutor: Kate Triscott, School Nursing Team, NHS Lothian
Dates for 16-17 are as follows:
|30/09/2016||HSL014||Asthma & Allergies||1.30-4.00||Saltire Rooms 1+2, John Muir House|
|11/11/2016||HSL015||Asthma & Allergies||1.30-4.00||Saltire Rooms 1+2, John Muir House|
|27/01/2017||HSL016||Asthma & Allergies||1.30-4.00||Saltire Rooms 1+2, John Muir House|
|17/03/2017||HSL017||Asthma & Allergies||1.30-4.00||Saltire Rooms 1+2, John Muir House|
|28/04/2017||HSL023||Asthma & Allergies||1.30-4.00||Saltire Rooms 1+2, John Muir House|
To book a place on any of the dates above, please email email@example.com quoting the appropriate HSL reference number, your name, designation and establishment.