Thursday 29th September 2016, 4.30-6.00pm
Food Court Room, Knox Academy, Haddington
Tutor : David Gilmour
What is Google Classroom?
Classroom is a tool in Google Apps for Education that weaves together Google Docs, Drive and Gmail to help teachers create and organise assignments quickly, provide feedback efficiently, and communicate with their classes or other groups with ease. It lets students organise their work, complete and turn it in, and communicate directly with their teachers and peers.
Classroom helps teachers create and collect assignments paperlessly. When teachers create assignments, they can choose to share a single document, or automatically make a copy for each student. They can quickly see who has or hasn’t completed the work, and provide direct, real-time feedback. Students can use the classroom app to stay in touch and work on assignments.
Classroom automatically creates Drive folders for each assignment and for each student. Students can easily see what’s due on their Assignments page, so they can stay on top of their work.
Classroom also lets teachers make announcements and pose questions—improving communication inside and outside of class. Like the rest of our Google Apps for Education services, Classroom contains no ads, never uses your content or student data for advertising purposes, and is free for schools.
Designed for Upper Primary, Secondary teachers and peripatetic teachers.
Benefits of attending You will understand the advantages of creating a web based learning environment for your class, or other groups of students.
- Hands on practice – Google Apps log in required (can be requested in advance from course tutor)
- Setting up a simple classroom
- Creating announcements and setting assignments
- Find out ways to engage your students through use of their personal technology
- Sharing ideas on how to best use Google Classroom in context of Bring Your Own Device and the Connected Learning Network.
- Integration of other Google elements such as Google Drive
Watch the video here first to find out what it’s all about