Connected Learning Network and using Student Personal Devices
Date: Tuesday 4th October 2016, 4.30-6.00pm
Food Court Classroom, Knox Academy
David Gilmour/David Ramsay
Background ELC’s Connected Learning Network has been installed in all our secondary schools and two primaries and is due to be extended to other schools over the next couple of years
Designed for Any teacher who wants to find out more on the exciting possibilities enabled by the Connected Learning Network.
Benefits of attending It will be an opportunity to understand the differences in the legacy school IT infrastructure and what it will be like with the Connected Learning Network. You will learn about how BYOD can be effectively managed and how to engage and motivate learners by allowing them to use their own devices.
- Learn about the background and rationale behind the investment in CLN
- Looking at ways to bring parents/carers on board with the idea
- How to conduct a lesson where students are using multiple different devices (ie only the browser is the common element). ‘ It’s all about the learning, not the technology’
- Use of Google Apps and Google Classroom
- Responsible use of the devices and the internet
- Raising attainment through widening the audience that the students create for
- Supporting learners with Additional Support Needs to use their devices effectively