ICT to support pupils with Additional Support Needs – Primary
7th February 2017, 4.30-6.00pm
Room M.12, Knox Academy, Haddington
Designed for Any Primary teacher /classroom assistant who works with a student with Additional Support Needs.
Benefits of attending Participants will feel more confident about using ICT to support pupils with Additional Support Needs either in a Support for Learning setting or in differentiating in a class lesson.
- Looking at the different additional support needs of pupils and what ICT would best benefit them
- Exploring assistive software installed on all school computers (e.g. Clicker 5, My Study Bar, Powerpoint animations)
- Exploring low tech assistive hardware
- Understanding ways to support dyslexic learners (appropriate fonts, coloured overlays, text to speech functionality)
- Finding useful resources online
- Accessing resources on the ASN Information Hub
- How to use ICT to engage and motivate learners with Additional Support Needs
- Discussion on apps to support learners with Additional Support Needs