RECRUITMENT & SELECTION – ½ DAY
Dates: 30th September 2016, 11th November 2016, 17th March 2017
Location: Penston House, Macmerry
This half day workshop is intended as a refresher for Campaign Managers and others taking part in selection interview panels for the recruitment of teaching staff.
The main aim of the workshop is to enable you to carry out your responsibilities in accordance with Council HR procedures and in compliance with employment legislation.
You will benefit from an update on procedures and insights into how the Equality Act impacts on every stage of the R&S process. The workshop will also highlight best practice when short listing, interviewing and assessing candidates. You will have the opportunity to enhance your interviewing skills by using the STAR approach to behavioural questions.
Content will include:
- Overview of HR procedures with updates highlighted
- The Equality Act and understanding how it applies to R&S
- Employment tribunal cases relevant to R&S
- Best practice in short listing, interviewing and assessing candidates
- Devising and practising behavioural questions using the STAR approach
To get the most out of the workshop, there will be a short e-learning module to complete prior to attending. Details of this will be sent out to you in advance.
To find out more or to register for a place, please email Rebecca Grangeret in Organisational Development, email@example.com or telephone 01620–827542 (direct dial 7542).