HWB003: Early Years PE Course
Venue: Prestonpans Infants
Dates: Tuesday 30th August 2016
Tuesday 6th September 2016
Tuesday 13th September 2016
Times: 4.15pm to 6.15pm
Nursery and Class teachers specifically working with Early /1st level CfE; NQT’s working at all levels; PE staff and any support staff ( NN , ASN Aux. ) that assist in PE sessions.
Benefits of attending
The Early Years PE Programme aims to help all children explore and develop their basic movement competencies. It looks at how providing different learning environments can engage them in finding about their SELF; their cognitive, social and emotional qualities that underpin the foundation for participating in lifelong physical activity. You will have:
- A clearer knowledge and understanding of the HWB E’s and O’s for PE at early Level and the Significant Aspects of Learning in PE.( SAL’s )
- A clearer understanding of planning, delivering and assessing for the delivery of quality PE through the context of the Early Moves Programme.
- Understand the importance of Lifelong physical Activity and how the Early Years PE Model can be used as a context for delivering 2 hrs quality PE
- Have gained the skills / confidence to deliver Early / 1st level PE
- Have a greater understanding of basic movement skill techniques
- Have an understanding of how the movement concepts can support the adaptability & creativity of movement.
Be able to observe and assess children’s movement competence in order to plan for progression and challenge.
Outline of Programme : 3 Sessions (6 hrs):
Introduction, Balance and control grid.
Unpacking the core movement skills and concepts.
Content support for delivering Early Years PE: Different “Learning Environments” for PE: use of music; nursery rhymes; apparatus stations; equipment etc
Support for planning, delivery and assessing in PE. Plenary and next steps.
Tutor: Emma Mason
****Attendance at all sessions is a requirement to gain a certificate. There will an element of practical in each session. Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear, and bring a drink with you.****