S4 Standard Grade
- Use the SQA website as previously shown in class.
- Use this to access past papers at either Credit or General level and use the marking instructions to correct your work.
- If you have a textbook at home continue revising the consumer laws and money management
- Use the following websites to access nutrition and food safety revision
S4 Intermediate 1 Hospitality
- In preparation for your prelim and only with parental permission get into the kitchen and cook. REMEMBER TO CLEAN UP AFTERWARDS
- Give yourself a set time limit to make a meal
- Clean as you go
- If you can access the SQA website you can find the recipes for your prelim.
- Click subjects
- Click H
- Click Hospitality Practical Cookery Intermediate 1 (page 3)
- Click Past Practical Assignments
- Click 2008 Candidate or Centre Instructions
If you don’t have all the necessary ingredients only make one of the dishes or substitute or leave out ingredients e.g. crème fraiche from the soup or the tuna/bacon/pepper/mushrooms from the flatbread.
Use tinned tomato if you have no passata
THERE WILL BE A NEW DATE SET FOR YOUR PRELIM AND YOU WILL BE TOLD THIS DATE AS SOON AS SCHOOL IS OPEN AGAIN
S5/6 Higher Lifestyle & Consumer Technology
- Use the SQA website as previously shown in class
- Use all the past papers
- Look at Section A in all of these papers and answer as many questions as possible
- Use the marking instructions to correct your work
- If you have your folder at home (there was homework for Tues 30th) continue reading your notes and highlighting key areas.
S5/6 Intermediate 2 Hospitality
- With parental permission get into the kitchen
- Practise your knife skills and cuts of vegetables
- Make a stir fry or a pot of soup with the vegetables you have prepared
- Look at the advice above for Intermediate 1 and follow the links on the SQA website but for Intermediate 2. Look at the past practical assignments and attempt to make one or two of the dishes.
REMEMBER TO CLEAN UP AFTERWARDS