It’s Dress Down Day this Friday 28th November for the Christmas Fair. Children can dress down and wear a Christmas jumper, top etc. This is entirely optional as always. Please remember your Christmas Fair donations can be handed into school any day this week and home baking on Friday morning. Many thanks LPP
In late October the Eco Committee had litter week and all the classes focused on learning about litter. On Tuesday the school had a litter pick up we collected a variety of different types of litter like crisp wrappers, chocolate wrapper, tin foil, plastic and some weird things in the Woods like a computer game box! On Wednesday we had a no paper day. This was a challenge for the whole school because we had to write on whiteboards, use laptops and find creative ways of doing our work without using any paper!! Thursday the whole school took part in a litter poster competition. There was so many amazing posters. On Friday the classes took part in making models of our own Eco Mascot, Trashy. Through out the week, small groups from the Eco Committee shared fascinating litter facts with all the classes and also the whole school took part in a wrapper-free snack challenge. Here are the results of the wrapper-free snack challenge.
6. Primary 4/5 – 31%
5. Primary 2M – 33%
4. Primary 7 – 44%
3. Primary 3 – 45%
2. Primary 2K – 66%
1. Primary 3/4- 67%
Primary 3/4 and Primary 2K got extra playtime! Everyone had lots of fun during Litter week and the Eco Committee spent lots of time at our last meeting deciding on the Litter posters that we are going to display around the school! More information to follow.
By Katie, P6 Eco rep
• Bottles for the tombola, which can be water, juice, sauce, bubble bath, alcohol etc. I’ve just cleared out Grandad’s drinks cupboard and taken everything that he won’t use!
• Chocolate for the tombola and hampers (boxes, bars, coins etc.).
• Nearly new or new unwanted gifts and bric-a-brac so the children can buy a wee Christmas present for Mum, Dad or Gran & Grandad. We’re hoping that the children can gift wrap these at the Fair and any unwanted Christmas wrapping paper would be welcome too.
• Home Baking will be most gratefully received on the Friday morning of the Fair. Who will be the Loretto RC Great Festive Baker???
• Your time is the most precious donation of all. Please let us know if you can help out on the day and email email@example.com or speak to any Class Rep. Just 15/20 minutes on a rota basis would be a great help and some parents are child swapping with a friend to help out for a short time.
We look forward to seeing you all there
Loretto Parent Partnership
Our topic for this assembly was on bullying. For our assembly we made posters to illustrate how bad bullying can be. Our posters demonstrated all the different types of bullying, there is Cyber Bullying, Racisim, Physical, Name Calling and Teasing.
We also sang different songs about how beautiful people can be and how people can be hopeful that there are people in the world who think about others. The boys performed the song ‘Hopeful’ and everyone joined in the song ‘Beautiful’.
We performed drama scenarios about different types of bullying and the outcome of what can happen to the people involved. We also learnt how to work together to resolve issues both in the classroom and in the playground.
What do you do if you get bullied?
1. You can tell a teacher or supervisor.
2. A responsible adult.
3. You can go to a website called www.respectme.org.uk
We enjoyed this assembly we hope you have found our information helpful.
We’ve decided to donate the funds raised from Film Club on Friday 14th November to the Children in Need appeal. The children can wear something ‘Pudsey’ or something yellow to school on Friday 14th November to show their support for Children in Need.
We’ll be selling Hot Dogs, Popcorn, Drinks and Sweets before the movie.
Many thanks for your continued support and we hope to see you at Film Club on Friday
Loretto Parent Partnership
On Tuesday 18th November P3/4 will be holding an event to raise money for Poppy Scotland. It will be an exhibition with Poppy Biscuit and will cost 20p per child. This event is open to all from Nursery to P7 and will be held in the P3/4 classroom.
Film Club is back!
Please note that Baked Potatoes will be available to order on a Tuesday and a Thursday each week