I just wanted to write a final post to say a huge thank you to everyone I’ve worked with over the past 6 years at East Lothian. It’s been fun, inspiring, varied, exciting, and an whirlwind adventure! I’ve been lucky enough to be involved from the development of a brand new centre, including museum, with the John Gray Centre, as well as working alongside community groups on Musselburgh Museum & the Coastal Communities Museum. Prestongrange Museum has also seen lots of development during my time here, as has Dunbar Town House. As well as all this, I’ve also had great opportunities to work with people and communities across East Lothian.
Some of my highlights have included:
1. Multi-Cultural Day at Prestongrange Museum which ran for 5 years and ended up attracting 1300 people last year! Always alot of organisation but all worth it for a fun-filled day, with sights and sounds from across the world coming to our museum.
2. Thinking up different ways of attracting people to visit our museums, from theatre shows in Dunbar Town House to a Suffragette rally at the John Gray Centre. I really enjoyed our dance themed weekend as part of Festival of Museums 2010, including the publicity shots of some amazing breakdancers!
3. I have also loved going out to visit all the schools, teachers and pupils across East Lothian to help them set up their own classroom museums. From Egyptians, to the Battle of Pinkie, to Dinosaurs, it was always fantastic to see what children’s imagination could bring to a museum!
4. Getting to work with some fantastic people, including our amazing seasonal Museum Assistants, Museum Officers, volunteers, freelancers, artists, people across the Council and in external organisations. Thanks to you all! You’ve been such a great support and help whenever I called up asking if I could just borrow that, or could you just come along and help me with this, or did you happen to know where I could borrow 20 replica Victorian dresses from…
5. And of course, my final highlight, was getting to dress up in a variety of different costumes, outfits, and as a Christmas Elf!
So, it’s time for me to ring off, say goodbye, and thank you