Senior pupil coach education courses 2017 – Thursday 5 October – Meadowmill Sports Centre
– Rugby – Level 1 refereeing
– Hockey – Introduction to coaching and umpiring
– Football – SFA Development Activities coaching badge
– Gymnastics – Coaching and officiating
– Disability Sport – Introduction to coaching disability sport
– Cricket – Introduction to coaching cricket
– Swimming – Introduction to rescue award
– Competition organiser training
– Anyone interested in attending any of the above courses, please let Miss Parry know asap.
– Places are limited
– You will be out of school all day
Self-evaluation for self-improvement is one of the key features of our work at NBHS.
With this in mind we have revised our approach to Faculty Reviews during session 2017-18 in order to develop a robust culture of self-evaluation of teaching and learning at both individual and faculty level.
The “inwards, outwards, forwards” (How Good is Our School, P4) approach that we adopt helps us identify features of effective practice within the school, as well as informing us of how we can get better.
The review process includes:
- Individual and faculty self-evaluation against How Good is Our School “Quality Indicators”;
- Observation of teaching;
- Student focus groups;
- Staff dialogue.
The review schedule is detailed below:
(classroom visits and learner focus groups)
||Monday 4th September
||Monday 11th September
||Monday 25th September
||Monday 2nd October
|Design & Technology
||Monday 6th November
||Monday 13th November
||Monday 20th November
|Health & Wellbeing
||Monday 27th November
|Business Ed & Computing
||Monday 1st December
S1/P7 Open Afternoon – 22 September 1-3 pm
Can you help us?
We are looking for two people to help the PTA on Friday at the Open Afternoon. We are there to meet new parents and share information on our activities (we have hand-outs). If you can spare some time then please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
A reminder that school is closed on Friday 15 and Monday 18 September.
Thursday 21 September is a “rolling Monday” which means that all pupils will be following their normal Monday timetable.
Please find the powerpoint that was used at last night’s Parent School Partnership meeting.
It was fantastic to see so many parents in attendance.
NBHS PSP AGMLinks to reports mentioned at Parent School
Partnership Annual General Meeting