It has been a phenomenally full fortnight in P5/6!
We have been receiving a bunch of letters from the Ingenious Inventor, if you are reading this, can you please stop being so cheeky! Thanks for all the Cog Credits, we have divided them evenly between the Class Companies… see the photos for proof!
We have finished our Waffle Woman song which is crazy! Some of us think we should make a music video and put it on YouTube, and we are going to get the final edit next week. It’s really catchy and easy to remember. Thanks for your help Alan!
World Book Day was last week, it was astonishing! Mr Drysdale was wearing a dress as Denise… the ‘Boy In The Dress’. We had Queen of Hearts, a Ninja, Darth Vader, Dennis the Menace, The Wolf, a Unicorn and lots of people in pyjamas in the class.
Maths/Numeracy – We have been looking at fractions, how they relate to other parts of the whole, equivalence in fractions and we also started looking at percentages and decimals.
Today was world book day and we had lots of fun dressing up as our favourite characters or wearing our pyjamas! We also got a very special treat when Zoe in P7 read a book to us in the library. It was called the Prince of Pants and we thought it was very funny!
Here is a picture of us all this morning:
Literacy week is upon us and is next week (29th Feb – 4th March)Our theme this year is ‘What does Literacy look like at Pinkie?’
The main aspects of the week are as follows:
- Every day there will be reading bell at 11am for 10mins. The children will stop all activities and enjoy reading a book for this time.
- Homework – Homework next week will be based all around literacy and will come home with your child on Monday. The children have a choice of tasks to complete focusing on listening, talking, reading and writing. They have to be coloured/signed by an adult at home as they are completed and they can use homework jotters to record any information!
- Keep an eye on the blog for posts from your child’s class!
- The Musselburgh cluster initiative ‘Reading is Braw’ will be launched on Tuesday.
- Thursday is World Book Day. We ask that the children dress up as their favourite book character on this day, which will be good fun.! We will have a literacy assembly this day where the children can parade their costumes! The children will all also receive their book voucher.
- Some of the tasks that the children will be enjoying will be put out on display for the upcoming parents evening for you all to see.
- The book fair will be here on the 9th – 11th March and it will be opened from the Wednesday – Friday.
If you wish to look at the world book day website for the list of this years £1 books, ideas, resources or games then here is the link:
We all look forward to a focus on literacy next week and keep checking the blog for photos, examples of learning from classes across the school and updates!