The Dundee Dental Insight team, composed of current dental students studying at the University of Dundee. After an extremely successful first year,they are once again opening their doors to potential undergraduate applicants who are hoping to gain further insight and experience into the world of dentistry.
What is Dundee Dental Insight?
This unique 3 day programme will be running from 20th-22nd and 28th-30th June 2017 (pupils can attend either of these sessions, but not both) and will give S5 students the opportunity to shadow current students within the dental hospital, gain hands on experience in the phantom head room and labs, and also receive talks about the application process with current students reflecting on their experiences of applying to dental school.
To be eligible the pupil MUST:
• Be a secondary school pupil studying in Scotland
• Be in S5
• Be on track to achieve the minimum entrance requirements to study dentistry at the University of Dundee which can be found at http://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/ug/dentistry/#info-entry-requirements
• Provide a suitable reference from a teacher stating why this pupil would be a good candidate for this course which should be emailed directly at email@example.com
• Show a keen interest in attending dental insight and motivation to study dentistry. The pupils will be asked the following questions on their application form in order to assess their suitability for the insight programme:
1. Why do you want to study dentistry?
2. What do you wish to gain from the dental insight programme?
How to apply
Applications will be opening on Monday 6th February at 6pm and will close on Sunday 12th February at 6pm. Pupils will be chosen on a first come first serve basis, providing all requirements are met (as listed above). Pupils who are not successful but do meet requirements will be placed on a waiting list. To apply, pupils must complete an application form which can be found at https://goo.gl/forms/hX2sKuMohJ99mpvu1 (please note this link will not work until we open applications on the 6th February) AND must send a reference from a teacher by the deadline stated above. References are the responsibility of the school pupil to ask their teacher to send a reference. The Dundee Dental Insight team will not contact teachers to ask them for a reference, the pupil must arrange this and ensure it arrives by the deadline. Any references arriving after Sunday 12th of February will not be considered, and applications rejected.
There is no charge for the programme itself but please note that travel and accommodation will not be provided.
This programme is not available anywhere else in the UK so it is one not to be missed!
For more information including photos and videos from last year’s programme please head to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/dentalinsightdundee & check out our latest video from last years event at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omUjQD7BYcA
Dental Insight at the University of Dundee
Dental Insight Dundee is a programme for potential undergraduate teeth enthusiasts!