Please see below for vacancy information
Frankie & Benny’s are opening a new restaurant at Fort Kinnaird and are currently recruiting for a range of full-time and part-time roles, both front and back of house. The Recruitment and Skills Centre is running an information session at 10.30 on Tuesday 9th September where you can find out more about the recruitment and what it’s like to work for Frankie & Benny’s.
To book a place at this event please call 0131 657 2674.
Fort Kinnaird’s Facilities Management are recruiting for a Morning cleaner
Duties will include cleaning offices and public toilets.
Candidates should have experience in a similar role handling commercial-grade cleaning chemicals.
Times: 6-10am daily. This post would be 7 days on, then 7 days off.
To apply for this role email your CV to email@example.com as soon as possible.
Ed’s Diner are opening a new restaurant at Fort Kinnaird and are currently recruiting for the following roles:
- Drinks Maker
- Grill Chef
- Kitchen Porter
Ed’s is a guaranteed fun place to work. They employ for personality and expect their employees to be dynamic with service that always comes with a smile.
Applications from all entry levels will be considered so long as you can prove that you will fit in with Ed’s vibrant and engaging atmosphere. Their recruitment policy is truly unique in this sense; they hire based on attitudes and not previous experience – they are willing to take risks on the people they think will fit in with the Ed’s brand.
For more information about the roles and how to apply visit http://careerscope.uk.net/meet-employers/restaurants/item/eds-easy-diner.
The new TK Maxx & Homesense store in Fort Kinnaird is due to open soon!
They are looking for Sales Associates ranging from 8 – 30 hour contracts over seven days a week with a passion for service to join our new team.
To apply you will:
• Be flexible in your approach to working hours
• It would be desirable but not essential for you to have worked in a customer service driven environment previously
• In TK Maxx & Homesense as a Sales Associate your role will be to carry out day to day activities in the store as required by the management team to promote excellent customer service and maximise sales
• You will have a passion for delighting customers, being focused on delivering great service and act as an ambassador for the company. With an open and friendly personality you will be able to engage confidently with customers and be able to read people and adapt your approach accordingly.
• Among other tasks the role will involve you being involved in store replenishment, participate in stock processing, assist in maintenance of company’s operational standards and compliance and ensure appropriate merchandising of product in order to maximise sales.
• As a Sales Associate you will communicate open and directly but with respect, take responsibility to get the job done and display pace and urgency with a can do attitude.
• You will also carry out any additional duties when required by store management.
You can pick up application forms at the Recruitment and Skills Centre at Fort Kinnaird or download one at the link below and return them in person to the Centre or to firstname.lastname@example.org. http://www.tkmaxx.com/content/ebiz/tkmaxx/resources/careers/jobs/tkmaxx-application-form.pdf
Speech and language therapists (SLTs) are allied health professionals. They work closely with parents, carers and other professionals, such as teachers, nurses, occupational therapists and doctors. There are around 13,000 practising SLTs in the UK.
What does a Speech and Language Therapist actually do?
Thinking about a career in speech and language therapy?
Want to find out more?
Come along to an informal information session at Braidburn School.
WHEN? Wednesday 17th September, 5pm – 6.30pm
WHERE? Braidburn School, 107 Oxgangs Road North, EH14 1ED
This is accessible from several main bus routes. Please note, those arriving by car should use street parking, no on site parking is available.
There will be an opportunity to speak to recently qualified speech and language therapists who work with both children and adults. You will also be able to hear about Speech and Language Therapy from a service user’s perspective.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions relating to any aspect of the training or career.
To book a place please call Gillian Watmore on 0131 537 7119
Wednesday 3rd September
We are hosting a Recruitment Day at Granton Campus on Wednesday 3rd September from 3pm to 7.30pm. The event is designed to help people who have perhaps just left school, or are still uncertain about what they would like to do find a suitable course to start at college in September. They will have the opportunity to talk to lecturers about each programme area, apply for courses online and receive advice. Throughout the day, they will also have the opportunity to have an interview or audition for their chosen course. Please note: If they have an interview or audition, they will need to bring along any equipment required for their application, for example, dance shoes, a portfolio or any musical instruments. For more information on the Recruitment Day or to apply online go to www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/applynow
LGBT Youth Scotland are a national youth work organisation who work with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender young people 13-25.
We are keen to engage volunteers who would enjoy the opportunity to gain and develop skills.
More information from your Guidance teacher
This morning all senior pupils gathered in Preston Lodge’s very own independence debate. The Better Together campaign were represented by Local Labour MP Fiona O’Donnell and Youth Speaker Alan Grant. The views of the Yes campaign were put forward by Blair Jenkins OBE and Youth Speaker Miriam Brett.
The opening statements from both sides were well received. Fiona O’Donnell reminded the students that it is their generation who will ‘suffer the consequences of this vote’ and urged them to vote no to protect ‘the most successful political union anywhere in the world’. Alan Grant added to this his belief that the ‘impulse’ to separate from the UK does not fit in with 21st century values.
Blair Jenkins also stressed the importance of voting, urging the pupils to ‘take that chance and vote yes’ and protect public services. Miriam Brett explained that she was voting yes for three reasons: for a fairer democracy, to protect the Welfare State and the ability to reject nuclear weapons.
Questions from the audience ranged from concerns about the protection of the Barnet formula if there is a no vote, the ability to tackle Scottish health problems and key issues of economy and the welfare state.
Today’s event has sparked a continuation of the debate amongst senior students who for the first time in political history will be able to vote as 16 and 17 year olds on the 18th September. Preston Lodge would like to extend its thanks to Alan Blackie for chairing this mornings debate.
If you have not done so already, can you please ensure that the total amount you have paid towards this trip is £485 by the end of August, or certainly by early in the first week of September please. If you are unsure of your current balance please see Mr Kidd.
Note: If paying by cheque, please make them payable to “East Lothian Council”
The John Gray Centre in Haddington are running on a Robot Weekend from Friday 12th – Monday 15th September. There are different activities including a robot scavenger hunt and build your own robot. Click on the link to their website to find out more (http://www.johngraycentre.org/events/robot-weekend/)
Apprenticeship opportunities within TSB.
Location: Pollock G53 5EU(1 vacancy), Edinburgh EH2 2DS (1 vacancy), EH16 5PB (1 vacancy), EH6 8LT (1 vacancy), East Kilbride G74 1LE (1 vacancy), Glasgow G25TU (1 vacancy), G11 6SA (1 vacancy), Motherwell ML1 1JS (1 vacancy), Livingston EH54 6HR (1 vacancy), Swansea SA7 9DH (12 vacancies)
Apprenticeship qualification: Professional Bankers Award, CBI (Chartered Bankers Institute) Level 2 or 3.
Minimum qualification requirements: 5 GCSEs grades C or above including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to start a career in banking, allowing you to gain a qualification and experience whilst earning a wage!
- Creating genuine rapport with customers and gaining a full understanding of their needs in order to provide relevant and exceptional customer service.
- Effectively use information available during each customer call to ensure that the products they hold and services they access continue to support their financial journey.
- Create real value for our customers, increase customer loyalty and ultimately contribute to the success of our business.
- Build and maintain an expert knowledge of all applicable TSB products and services, including a full understanding of all related features and benefits.
- Deliver a simple, efficient and straightforward customer experience that aims for resolution of the customers query on the first call.
Ensure the customer is clear on what has been achieved on each call and that they are aware of any next steps.
- When transferring a customer to other areas of the business, ensure this service is seamless, avoiding the need for customers to repeat themselves.
- Take responsibility for improving customer retention.
- Undertaking on call and after call administration activity that ensures records and paperwork are fully up to date and accurate and that the outcome agreed with the customer is delivered.
- Acting as a positive ambassador and role model for TSB, doing the right thing for customers and the business, applying “Treating Customers Fairly” principles into all activities, always acting with honesty and integrity and in line with defined policy and procedure.
- Promote and recommend the full range of TSB servicing channels, such as internet banking.
- Ensure that customers are made aware of and have full access to the complete range of service delivery channels.
- Ensure that all customers are dealt with in accordance with all compliance and regulatory requirements which aim to protect our customers as well as the reputation of TSB.
- Being proactive in preventing business loss and damage to reputation.
- Regularly reviewing own performance against business objectives and taking personal responsibility for self-development by addressing any knowledge or skills gaps.
- Proactively identifying issues that are preventing us from us providing excellent customer service / sales opportunities and escalate these via the relevant channels for resolution.
- Ensuring an excellent customer experience at all times by actively seeking and acting on feedback from customer satisfaction surveys, customer conversations, peers and managers.
To apply please email CV to email@example.com, with subject heading of ‘TSB2014’ and preferred location, or contact on 0330 060 3244 for further information.
For further information in regards to qualifications and apprenticeship vacancies, please visit: www.bpp.com/apprenticeships
If interested please see your guidance teacher.
Newbattle Abbey College still have places available on their Arts & Humanities Access to Higher Education, NC Celtic Studies and Celtic Studies Access to Higher Education Courses.
For more information please visit: http://www.newbattleabbeycollege.ac.uk/?page_id=4208