We know that getting it right for children and young people, families and carers, from the start, ensures that young children are healthy, happy and ready to succeed in life. To a very large extent, children’s life chances, depend on the quality of experience they have in their first years; the secure and reliable attachments they have with parents and other adults important to them; the relationships they build with other children and within their families and communities; the quality of care they are given by parents and other carers; the richness of the learning opportunities they have; and the support and services which children, parents, families and carers can rely on.
’Support from the Start’ is about ensuring services and communities in East Lothian are doing all that can be done to improve health and well being in the early years of life for all children.
We want to find ways of working together and supporting each other to achieve our priorities;-
- Healthy and happy families
- Involve families in shaping services
- Help children be ready to learn and achieve through play
- Families have access to child care experiences
- Good opportunities for play in the community
- Families on low incomes can access opportunities
- Children are safe in their community