Computing At School Scotland
Saturday 22nd November 2014
“Very enjoyable day and well organised”
“Lots of teaching ideas”
“The industry keynotes were really inspiring”
“Q. What was good about the conference? A. everything!”
(Delegate feedback from 2013 CAS Scotland Conference)
What to EXPECT
Looking for inspiration to develop deeper and more engaging learning in Computing Science that has wide appeal at Primary and Secondary level?
- Need creative ideas to develop your students computational thinking skills?
- Want an opportunity to share your enthusiasm for Computing with like minded educators?
- Like to hear about new tools, technologies and approaches you might use with your own pupils?
Join us for a unique opportunity to hear from practising teachers and educators about new ideas to really bring Computing to life.
Format of THE DAY
This year the conference features:
- morning keynotes based around Computing Science in CfE from Education Scotland
- afternoon keynotes on the impact of Computing from the Police Scotland’s Cybersecurity division outsourced to sapphire.net and Toshiba Medical Imaging.
- a Senior phase track with seminars focused around teaching Higher Computing Science
- a Broad General Education track on teaching Computing to Primary and lower Secondary pupils with seminars in the morning and practical hands-on activities in the afternoon.
- an optional Arduino workshop in the afternoon.
- a drop-in area where you can try out the extra-curricular opportunities that Coder Dojo, Lambda Jam and Code Club can provide.
To book your TICKETS
Sign up at: https://casscot14.
Further information is available from Andy McSwan, Knox Academy, email email@example.com.