The title Group Service Manager has been replaced by General Manager. This is in line with other HSCPs and describes more accurately the role of the senior managers responsible for our services.
Myself and Iain Gorman Head of Operations (Deputy to Chief Officer) and the General Managers have discussed and agreed the following for an initial period of six months.
Chief Officer Alison Macdonald will continue to line manage:
- General Manager Acute and Ongoing Care – Lorraine Cowan
- General Manager Rehabilitation – Lesley Berry
- General Manager Performance and Planning – Bryan Davies
Head of Operations Iain Gorman will line manage:
- General Manager Adult Social Work – Rona Laskowski
- General Manager Statutory Services – Trish Carlyle
- General Manager Adult Community Services/Mental Health and Learning Disabilities – Gillian Neil
The professional leads – Chief Nurse, Chief Social Work Officer, Clinical Director and lead AHP – will continue to report directly to the Chief Officer in line with the agreements in the Scheme of Integration
Reporting arrangements to General Managers
There will be no changes to current reporting arrangements for HSCP teams who report to the relevant General Manager.
Social Work Pathway
There is an out standing commitment to reviewing the social work path way and we are committed to progressing this work, reporting to Core Management Team (CMT) and the Strategic Planning Group for information.
The review of the social work pathway will need to be completed by early June
Revising the management structure
A revised management structure is being considered to accommodate these new ways of working; this is yet be finalised. This has led us to make a choice to have interim arrangements in place to ensure that when we, with you, have worked through any new arrangements the management structure can adapt to accommodate.
A number of options need to be considered in relation to the work around Adult Protection, Community Justice, Mental Health and Learning Disabilities.
Trish will continue in the post General Manager – Statutory Services:
- Justice social work services
- Community Justice
- Carers though this will transition into the social work area at a later date anticipated following the procurement arrangements for carer services
- SDS to be mapped into the customer journey with Rod continuing to have an operational lead
- SW lead developing SW Governance arrangements
Rona will assume the post General Manager – Adult Social Work:
- Assessment and Review
- Social Work Journey
- Care Home Team
- Duty Team
In the interim there will need to be shared management put in place for some elements but we will keep you updated as things change.