From Kirsteen Powell, COEL
Here are the latest Resilience Resource lists. I have created a separate “Mental Health Resilience Resources” document to make the information easier to navigate. However, both documents contain sections on bereavement, domestic abuse and wellness activities / keeping well during Covid-19. Comments, corrections and additions – all feedback is welcome!
Some additions to highlight:
- New “End of life” section including advice on funerals – please note some funeral directors are not offering the full range of services e.g. embalming the body or visiting in a chapel of rest even though it is still legal to do so observing standard infection control procedures and social distancing guidelines. This is causing additional heartache for some families who appoint a funeral director without checking first what they are offering.
- Additions to section on “Foodbanks and Free Food Provision” in East Lothian
- Access to PPE for unpaid carers delivering personal care
- Flamingo Chicks free virtual dance sessions for children with additional support needs and their siblings
- Self-Injury Support website including a sensitively written blog post titled “Coping with Coronavirus Lockdown When Your Mental Health is Already Not Great”
- CWIC Mental Health service accepting self-referrals for adults who are registered with an East Lothian GP
- “Coronavirus information for service users and their families” document produced my Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland
- “Mind to Walk” podcast produced by Paths for All
Carer Support Worker
Carers of East Lothian (CoEL)
Tel: 0131 665 0135
My usual working week is Tuesday to Friday