From Martin Bonnar at MELDAP
We are still looking for applications from all services and interested community groups in East Lothian to access additional funding to support the development of innovative ideas to help people address their alcohol and drug use or others affected by someone’s use.
Some of the key points of the funding are:
• £49,000 has been set aside annually for the next two years to encourage innovation
• We believe the process of application is not too onerous, we’ve really tried to keep it as simple as possible
• Any service or community group can apply and submit as many ideas as they like
• We would really like to see ideas from recovery communities and people with lived and living experience
• Funding will not be allocated to simply do more of the same
• While no limit has been set on the sum that services can apply for we would like to see a number of creative and diverse solutions supported
• The ideas should be clear about the issue they want to address and the specific client group that will benefit
• Ideas should recognise how service provision has changed during Covid-19 restrictions and consider novel ways to support people.
From the application you will see that the timescale for first applications is tight (sorry for that) but the first stage is very much about thinking differently, getting your big idea down on paper.
After scrutiny and evaluation of these first stage applications we will then contact services whose ideas look worthy of further development and ask them to complete the second stage application.
Closing date – 5 February 2021
Midlothian and East Lothian Drug and Alcohol Partnership
e-mail 1 – email@example.com
e-mail 2- firstname.lastname@example.org