Bridges Project is an independent, local charity which works with young people in East Lothian and Midlothian, including young adult carers, to help them manage the transition from adolescence to young adulthood and life beyond school.
Some of Bridges Project’s young people and staff were taken on a virtual tour of Edinburgh Zoo on 12 February, guided by the Zoo’s Education Officer, Amy Cox.
Some of the highlights included:
- Seeing the penguins being fed
- Meeting Lucu, the tiger, who gave a huge roar!
- Meeting one of the lions and seeing paw prints in the snow
- Meeting a family of baboons (who were mostly busy chatting!)
- Seeing the panda hiding in some bamboo
The young people truly enjoyed the virtual visit, with one commenting: “I enjoyed the Zoo session and I learned what the Zoo does to look after the animals”.