East Lothian Council is a Carer Positive (engaged) employer, which means that it:
- has a good understanding of what the term ‘carer’ means and systems in place to help carers identify themselves as carers
- recognises carers within HR policies and procedures
- enables carers in its workforce to access practical workplace support and information about external support and services
- communicates with carers about advice and support, raises awareness of carers’ issues for managers and staff, and offers training and support
- helps carers to engage with other carers
Obviously, ELC wanted to something special to mark Carers Week 2022 (6-12 June) for all ELC staff who are unpaid carers.
There are still some events to come, but so far ELC is offering:
Tuesday 7th June 9.30am to 5.30pm – Massage/Indian Head Massage at the Wellbeing Unit, Brewery Park , Haddington
Treat yourself to a head massage to reduce stress, relax and calm you mind and revitalize your brain and body. Book your free half-hour session now at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday 9th June – Virtual Get-together by Teams – 12.30pm – 1.30pm
If you couldn’t make to a physical event, don’t despair. Get yourself a coffee and join carers across the council for a chat about all things carer! Email us at email@example.com for your link.
We’re going to be on Radio Saltire!
As part of our Carers’ Week celebrations, ELC Carer Positive’s Gail Scott, Carers of East Lothian’s Jess Wade, and Young Carers in East Lothian’s Marie Prior will by on Radio Saltire’s Drive Time programme on Monday 6th June between 5pm and 7pm.
Jess and our very own Lorna Maclennan will be live on the Radio Saltire Breakfast Show on Thursday 9th June between 9am and 10am.
Not to be missed! If you’re not already a regular RS listener, find out more about how to tune in at https://www.radiosaltire.com