Welcome to the first update from the Self Evaluation Leads Team working on the Self Evaluation & Validation process facilitated by the Care Inspectorate
The vision of Community Justice Scotland is that ‘Scotland is a safer, fairer and more inclusive nation’ where we:
Prevent and reduce further offending by addressing its underlying causes
Safely and effectively manage and support those who have committed offences to help them reintegrate into the community and realise their potential for the benefit of all citizens
The purpose of the Self-evaluation and Validation process is to build capacity among community justice partnerships to quality assure their own. We will work together and use the insights gained to plan and implement improvements. The improvements found in this process will be included in the 2020 Local Outcome Improvement Plan for East Lothian’s Community Justice Partnership. A key part of the process is to evidence the work we are doing collectively and collaboratively.
More information on the process can be found at the Care Inspectorate’s website
To take this work forward, a lead team has formed and they are:
– Community Justice Partnership Chair (Police Scotland)
– Community Justice Coordinator (East Lothian Council)
– Group Service Manager (East Lothian Health & Social Care Partnership)
– Planning & Performance Manager (East Lothian Council) and
– Justice Service Manager (East Lothian Council)
The self-evaluation focuses on three Quality Indicators and these are:
– 6.2 Planning and delivering services in a collaborative way
– 8.1 Effective use and management of resources
– 9.2 Leadership of strategy and direction
We are using three key questions throughout this process:
– How good are we now?
– How do we know?
– How good can we be?
Key activities to date
The Community Justice Partnership have reached a number of milestones in the process and these include:
– Developing an approach to the self-evaluation & validation process
– A briefing from the Care Inspectorate
– A Q&A session from the Care Inspectorate with Community Justice Partners
– Questionnaires returned from Community Justice Partners
– A Self Evaluation Development day with a wide range of stakeholders involved in community justice.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org