The key role of administration is to provide support services which ensure the smooth running of a workplace. This course emphasises the increasing role that information technology (IT) plays in the activities of all businesses. Throughout the course, technology is used to develop the skills of problem solving in a business environment.
The S3 course is mainly practical, with much of the time spent on computers, developing skills in the use of the following software packages:
- Word processing
- Using the internet to arrange travel and accommodation
The following Administrative theory topics are also covered:
- Office layout, design and equipment
- Health and Safety legislation
What key skills will I learn?
- ICT skills for today’s world of work
- Planning and organising
- Presenting and communicating information
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Employability Skills
The course prepares pupils for qualifications in Administration and IT at National 4 or National 5 in S4.