Business Management introduces learners to the dynamic world of business and is designed to develop the knowledge, techniques and skills necessary to make progress in today’s business world. An understanding of how organisations work is one of the key factors that companies look for in potential employees. This course is aimed at entrepreneurs and managers of the future, and also offers a highly relevant platform for many other career choices. There will be significant opportunities to undertake research and develop skills in this.
The S3 course covers the following topics:
- Role of an entrepreneur
- Public, private and voluntary sector businesses
- Sources of finance for a business
- Types and structure of business – sole traders, partnerships, limited companies
- Preparing financial documents
- External factors and their impact on businesses
- Marketing – including advertising, pricing, research and distribution.
What key skills will I learn?
- ICT skills for today’s world of work
- Presenting and communicating information
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Employability Skills
The course prepares pupils for qualifications in Business Management at National 4 or National 5 in S4