There are numerous Computing / IT related jobs in Scotland and the UK and they will still be available in the next few years. We are in a digital revolution and there is a need for qualified people to fill the spaces.
The following topics will be covered in S3:
- Make animated movies
- Design and write games using GameMaker
- You will be introduced into making Apps for your phones
- Research and presentation on two topics:
- Full internet security software to allow you to protect and use Computing technologies safely
- Emerging technologies and how they can be used in our daily lives and the work place
- Video editing: plan, film and edit your own movie
- An introduction into programming using Python Learning to code is seen as a highly important skill as it develops problem solving (logical thinking) and communication skills (valuable skills needed by employers)
- Make a website for choosing using Serif Web Plus: add pictures, galleries, text, videos, links, sound and more.
What key skills will I learn?
- ICT skills for today’s world of work
- Presenting and communicating information
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Employability Skills
The course prepares pupils for qualifications in Computing Science at National 4 or National 5 in S4.