Relationships, Sexual Health and Parenthood (RSHP)
Relationships, Sexual Health and Parenthood (RSHP) is part of the Health and Wellbeing curriculum for all nursery and school aged children across Scotland. We teach children about this because:
- children are naturally curious and are already learning about these topics every day.
- learning about RSHP can help children to prepare for things like body changes, developing healthy relationships and keeping themselves safe.
- children can easily access incorrect and sometimes harmful information online (e.g. YouTube, social media, gaming) and from their peers.
- teachers are equipped with up to date accurate information and resources which can support children to question and balance any incorrect information
At Campie Primary we make use of a nationally developed resource, RSHP ( rshp.scot ) , that has been developed to support teaching and learning in this area. This resource is broken down into Early, First, Second, Third & Fourth and Senior Levels. Each level contains information for parents including material on learning at home and at school.
- Early Level: Learning at home – https://rshp.scot/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Learning-at-Home-Early-Level-information-for-parents-and-carers.pdf
- Early Level: Learning at school – https://rshp.scot/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Learning-at-School-Early-Level-information-for-parents-and-carers.pdf
- First Level: Learning at home – https://rshp.scot/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/RSHP-Learning-at-Home-First-Level-information-for-parents-and-carers-1.pdf
- First Level: Learning at school – https://rshp.scot/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/RSHP-Learning-at-School-First-Level-information-for-parents-and-carers-1.pdf
- Second Level: Learning at home – https://rshp.scot/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Learning-at-Home-Second-Level-information-for-parents-and-carers.pdf
- Second Level: Learning at school – https://rshp.scot/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Learning-at-School-Second-Level-information-for-parents-and-carers-3.pdf