This role is suitable for someone seeking an entry position into University Administration as a career. As a Graduate Apprentice this role carries the benefit of undertaking study towards a first degree (MA (Hons) Business Management).
What will I learn?
The role holder will:
• Provide a high quality service to current and prospective doctoral students, including timely response to enquiries.
• Carry out general administrative tasks according to established processes and procedures.
• Process applications, arrange interviews and issue decisions from the Admissions Panel.
• Arrange doctoral student progress review meetings, ensure all documentation is complete and that the relevant parties are informed of the outcome.
• Ensure accuracy and efficiency in routine administrative duties (e.g. minute taking).
• Liaise with academic and professional services colleagues in the doctoral team, the wider School and University as necessary to ensure efficient performance of administrative tasks.