A list of the current vacancies can be found here
Good afternoon S6
Some lively music to get us going here
Some facts about Edinburgh College
key_facts Edin College
Full version here
Link to Scottish Colleges here
Some pros and cons of university or college study here
Resources for all post school options here
For Edinburgh and Lothians.
Traditional skills training sessions, demonstrations, building repair workshops, traditional materials library, advice, history walks and talks.
Come and see the process of repairing a traditional building and find out how to look after your own property. Try your hand at dressing stone, letter carving, signwriting, limewashing, lime pointing, or repairing a sash and case window.
We will be running sessions you can sign up to or you can just drop in to watch our craftspeople as they work. Experts will be on hand to offer specialist building advice and you can visit our traditional building materials library. You can also join one of our walks to discover something new about Tranent as well as some interesting community projects.
There will be workshops and activities for all ages.
Are you 16-19? Passionate about film? Want a career in the film industry?
If so, the BFI Film Academy Edinburgh and South East Scotland 2018 is for you.
The Academy will be running at weekends from Saturday 27th October to Sunday 21st
January in Edinburgh.
Detals and application form below.
William, from North Berwick High, tells us why he chose the employment option as opposed to full time study to develop his career in the financial sector. He also gives us some very useful employability tips as well!
Food & Beverage Assistant
Macdonald Marine Hotel
Looking to be part of the Family? Macdonald Hotels & Resorts are looking for fun, flexible and passionate Hoteliers ready to kick start their career in our Food and Beverage venues across the Central Belt!
As a Food and Beverage Assistant you’ll be at the heart of busy restaurant life. No two days are ever the same – from breakfast, lunch and dinner to evening room service, we offer around the clock service to satisfy appetites. Being in a customer-facing role means being on show: we want you to look smart and exude confidence so our guests feel they’re in safe hands. It’s a great role for meeting people, so good communication skills and a genuine interest in guest conversation will help to boost your job satisfaction, as well as quietly securing repeat business.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure that guests who visit any Food and Beverage departments are delivered optimum service, by going the extra mile.
GENERIC KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• To take pride in everything I do.
• To consistently deliver outstanding hospitality.
• To anticipate and react to the needs of our guests.
• To be an ambassador for the MacDonald Brand.
• To take ownership for my personal development and performance.
• To contribute to the overall effectiveness and performance of my team.
• To consistently deliver MacDonald core standards which are relevant to my role.
• To maintain a safe and clean environment.
• To take responsibility for understanding our products and services.
• To proactively look for ways to improve or enhance the guest experience.
• To use feedback to improve my personal performance whilst activity encouraging feedback from others.
• To give my full to support to company initiatives.
• To have an awareness and understanding of operational costs related to the performance of my job role.
• To look for ways to protect the profit of the organisation without compromising the guest experience.
• Be aware of department objectives and ensure all sales opportunities are exploited (OWS).
• To promote the products and services to our guest at every opportunity.
• Spot and act on every opportunity for sales.
• To act upon any reasonable instructions from management as pertains to my job responsibilities.
Please consider the above criteria carefully before starting your application. When recruiting it is important to us that we are the right choice for you, as well as you being the right choice for us. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests. Our people take pride in what we do, and the standards we expect. They are passionate about working with Macdonald Hotels and care about doing their very best for every guest.
To apply visit: https://careers.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/
We are delighted to be holding a Recruitment Roadshow at Edinburgh Airport to discuss our future opportunities to join our growing Team in 2019 as Cabin Crew.
If you are interested in working and flying with the UK’s number one Airline on TripAdvisor and Which? 2018 Travel Brand of the Year, as part of our Cabin Crew Team in 2019, we would love to meet with you to give you information about our positions and life working at Jet2.com.
Please note this is not an Assessment Day but an informal drop in event with sessions starting on the times listed below lasting approximately 90 minutes.
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport
100 Eastfield Road, EH28 8LL
Thursday 13th September 2018
Sessions starting at: 10:15am, 11:45am, 1:15pm, 2:45pm and 4:15pm
More details and registration here
Exam results in?
Got a question about your course or want to change your course application?
Course and college information details here