Following the announcement by the First Minister on Sunday, that no young person with SQA coursework to complete should attend school to do so, we continue to work hard on how we should take coursework evidence into account, in determining young people’s final grades.
24 March 2020.
24 March 2020.
College as Plan A, B or even C
Are you thinking of leaving school in 4th 5th or 6th year or unsure?
Now is the time to apply to college to secure it as an option just in case your plan A does not work out……
College hopefully will start up after the summer but take the time NOW to apply for this to keep your options open!!!
College courses are varied to help you gain:
-Further qualifications useful for entry to further college courses/university courses or jobs/apprenticeships
-A work experience placement related to your preferred career
-The opportunity to learn valuable work skills
-A chance to refresh your English and maths
-Courses that will help improve your self-esteem, motivation and the confidence to make decisions
At North Berwick High School we have put together some resources to help you get started here and this includes links to all colleges in Scotland.
Covid-19: EY Student Recruitment Update
In light of the recent developments with regards to Covid-19 and to protect the health and wellbeing of our people and candidates, we will now be running the following events virtually with immediate effect:
EY Experience Days
Our recruitment teams will be in touch directly with affected candidates to provide more information.
If you have been successful at securing an offer with us, our teams will be in touch should this impact your future joining date.
We are closely following the Covid-19 guidelines set out by the UK government. We recognise this is an unsettling and challenging time and want to assure our people and candidates that your safety and wellbeing is our top priority.
Try Morrisons here
If you choose this pathway, you will work on a variety of TV, Radio and digital teams gaining experience in editorial and production management. You will have the opportunity to rotate across a variety of departments including:
– BBC Studios Factual television productions (which covers Science, Art and Documentaries)
– BBC Sport is responsible for programmes like Sportscene, Off The Ball and Sportsound, as well as News across TV, Radio, Online and Social Media.
– Music, Entertainment and Events – you could be working with our radio music teams and work on shows such as Quay sessions, Celtic connections.
– Multiplatform development – the place new ideas for BBC Scotland TV, digital and audio programmes are created and pitched.
– Childrens work on a variety of children programmes including ‘The Dog ate my homework’ which includes a range of activities in the office or in studio.
– Digital – We produce digital content including the hugely popular and long-running educational service Bitesize, the Social and BBC Arts Online.
– News and Current Affairs – provides local, national and international news on radio, television and online for audiences in Scotland and across the United Kingdom.
More details here
Scotland’s STEM Bursary Scheme to encourage people to train as secondary school teachers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) is to be extended by 50 bursaries this year.
More details here
15 March 2020.