Following the announcement by the First Minister on Sunday, that no young person with SQA coursework to complete should attend school to do so, we continue to work hard on how we should take coursework evidence into account, in determining young people’s final grades.
24 March 2020.
Covid-19: EY Student Recruitment Update
In light of the recent developments with regards to Covid-19 and to protect the health and wellbeing of our people and candidates, we will now be running the following events virtually with immediate effect:
EY Experience Days
Our recruitment teams will be in touch directly with affected candidates to provide more information.
If you have been successful at securing an offer with us, our teams will be in touch should this impact your future joining date.
We are closely following the Covid-19 guidelines set out by the UK government. We recognise this is an unsettling and challenging time and want to assure our people and candidates that your safety and wellbeing is our top priority.
Try Morrisons here
If you choose this pathway, you will work on a variety of TV, Radio and digital teams gaining experience in editorial and production management. You will have the opportunity to rotate across a variety of departments including:
– BBC Studios Factual television productions (which covers Science, Art and Documentaries)
– BBC Sport is responsible for programmes like Sportscene, Off The Ball and Sportsound, as well as News across TV, Radio, Online and Social Media.
– Music, Entertainment and Events – you could be working with our radio music teams and work on shows such as Quay sessions, Celtic connections.
– Multiplatform development – the place new ideas for BBC Scotland TV, digital and audio programmes are created and pitched.
– Childrens work on a variety of children programmes including ‘The Dog ate my homework’ which includes a range of activities in the office or in studio.
– Digital – We produce digital content including the hugely popular and long-running educational service Bitesize, the Social and BBC Arts Online.
– News and Current Affairs – provides local, national and international news on radio, television and online for audiences in Scotland and across the United Kingdom.
More details here
As a Travel Advisor, you will be an ambassador for the Lothian brand and all its products and services by delivering a first-class end to end customer experience whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction. You will maximise each interaction with customers by combining excellent sales service and product knowledge with onward travel information on a range of products including the Lothian tourism portfolio and wider city connections.
The National Avian Research Facility (NARF) is based at the Easter Bush Campus in Midlothian and the team’s primary objective is the provision of exceptional animal husbandry and welfare. Birds are held within two on-campus poultry units and fulfil a vital role as a research tool. Chicks are hatched and reared from eggs incubated on site with close care and monitoring at all stages. Carefully considered breeding programmes allow for the shipment of genetically unique eggs to national and international collaborators. Accurate data recording is crucial for effective scientific research so a keen eye for detail is essential.
More details here
Investment & Finance: Investec, Edinburgh, Monday 15 – Friday 19 June 2020
Corporate Law: Dickson Minto, Edinburgh, Flexible dates
We have a couple of fantastic experiences for girls in S4-6, especially those who attended Future Asset Roadshows, Conference or who are taking part in the Growing Future Assets Competition.
We have expended the application deadline to: Friday 27 March. We are very happy to discuss these opportunities with anyone who is interested. Please contact
• Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07932 072 840
• Claire at email@example.com
We are working to source some similar experiences for girls, so do let me know if any of your girls have specific interests in investment that we could follow up.
We would love to hear from you!
Helen & Claire
Activity 1 here
Let’s sort this email thing out here
What your phone skills? Activity.
Here’s the vacancy – it’s live!