As you know we have a team in from East Lothian Council this week to conduct a school and nursery review. I would like to thank the Review team for their supportive approach.
A report will be issued and shared with all parents/carers in the near future but for now what I can share with you is that each member of the review team said how ‘blown’ away’ they were with the children here.
To summarise briefly
- The school values of curious, positive, successful and respectful are embodied within all interactions.
- Children who are happy, kind and are engaged in their learning. They are a credit to their school and their families.
- Staff who are highly committed to the life and work of the school.
- The focus on nurture, restorative approaches and inclusive practices which has led to a positive shift in the climate and ethos of the school.
Areas for Development:
- Continue to develop data informed approaches to improvement in order to identify priorities and plan appropriate interventions to improve outcome for learners.
- Continue to improve the quality and consistency of teaching and learning to impact positively on attainment.
I am one very proud Head Teacher.
Have a lovely break.
Ms B 🙂