— Miss Lennox (@P1_2Cockenzie) 12 September 2018
A huge thank you to everyone for their fabulous efforts with our family homework task . . .
Thank you to our parents and carers for supporting the school and community with celebrating this important local event.
East Lothian Foodbank
On behalf of East Lothian Foodbank, a massive thank you for the generous donations which were greatly received; we were overwhelmed once again by the amount of donations. This was very much appreciated.
Our first parent link meeting is on Tuesday 4th September at 7pm in the school. Here is a copy of the agenda – all welcome to attend but if you can’t make it and would like any other matters raised please contact the school office by completing one of the agenda forms in the foyer.
a) Welcome and Apologies
b) Minutes of Previous Meeting & matters arising
c) Outdoor Classroom
d) Infant Playground
e) Access to school / gates closed
f) Dog Fouling
g) Survey 2017 (speakers): Poverty, Autism Awareness, Bullying & Internet Safety
h) Dinner hall segregation
i) Head Teacher Report
Nicki & Kelly
Parent Link members
CLICK HERE to view the August newsletter.
Please see below details of Parent Link and Tea & Toast meetings over the next school year. If any other dates come up, we’ll let you know.
Meeting Dates for 2018/2019:
- Tuesday 4th September 2018 @ 7.00pm
- Wednesday 24th October 2018 @ 7.00pm
- Tuesday 4th December 2018 @ 7.00pm
- Wednesday 30th January 2018 @ 7.00pm
- Tuesday 12th March 2018 @ 7.00pm
- Wednesday 1st May 2018 @7.00pm
Everyone is welcome and we’d be delighted if more people wanted to come along. They’re quite informal (tea and coffee provided!) and tend to be in the staff room at school.
We’ll try to send out what we are talking about at the meetings, the week before.
Tea and toast 2018/ 2019:
- Friday 7th September 2018 @ 9.00am
- Friday 26th October 2018 @ 9.00am
- Friday 7th December 2018 @ 9.00am
- Friday 1st February 2019 @ 9.00am
- Friday 15th March 2019 @ 9.00am
- Friday 3rd May 2019 @ 9.00am
- Friday 21st June 2019 @ 9.00am
Again everyone is welcome. ‘Tea and Toast’ has been in the nurture room at school, however office staff will be able to direct you to room on the day. Last year, parents tended to bring their children along too if childcare was difficult.
Nicki and I are planning to come along to the curriculum evening on Tuesday 28th August.
If you have any questions, or would like to join the Parent Link please come and chat to us or you can also email the Parent Link:
We would like to welcome all our parents and carers to our Meet the Teacher evening in school on Tuesday 28th August 2018 from 6.00pm until 7.30pm.
A letter regarding this event will be sent home via pupil post today.
Please click here for an electronic copy of the letter.
We look forward to seeing you then!
On Thursday and Friday of this week, your child will meet their new class teacher in their new classrooms. To allow this to run as smoothly as possible, please note the following information.
Thursday (21st June)
All classes should line up in their current lines/positions on Thursday morning, they will register with their current teacher and then move to their new classrooms. The children will be dismissed as normal at the end of the day (with the exception of current P3 who will be dismissed into the upper playground).
Friday (22nd June)
The children will line up in their new lines/position on Friday morning only.
- Current P1 classes– no change to playground at the start or end of the day
- Current P2 classes– no change to playground at the start or end of the day (if your child normally gets pick up at the infant end, this will remain the same)
- Current P3 classes– our current P3s will be dismissed into the upper school playground on Thursday afternoon. They will line up in the upper school playground on Friday morning and be dismissed from the upper school.
- Current P4 classes– no change to playground at the start or end of the day
- Current P5 classes– no change to playground at the start or end of the day
- Current P6 classes– no change to playground at the start or end of the day
School lunch procedures remain the same.
CLICK HERE for a copy of the latest school newsletter.