What is the Parent Link?
It’s a forum of parents joined by a co-opted teacher member and the head teacher. East Lothian Councillors can also attend.
What is the role of the Parent Link?
The main duties of the parent Link are to—
- support the school in its work
- consult with and represent the views of parents and carers
- encourage links between the school and its pupils and parents/carers
- report back to all the parents in the school (called the Parent Forum)
- play a role in the appointment of headteachers and depute headteachers
The Chair of the Parent Link and other members also have the opportunity to represent the school on the Preston Seton Gosford area partnership and the East Lothian Association of Parent Council Members.
All meetings of the Parent Link are held in public and parents and carers are welcome to come along to any meeting of the Council to feed in views and find out more.
Our Parent Link members are:
- Co – Chairs: Louise Clarke, Claire Jamieson and Marie McMath
- Co-Opted: No co-opted members at present
Please feel free to contact Louise, Claire or Marie by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The dates of the Parent Link meetings are noted below and an agenda will be posted a week prior to the meeting. If you are unable to attend and would like something raised please get in touch via the email address above or through the school office.
Meeting dates for 2018-19:
- 24th September 2018
- 24th October 2018
- 4th December 2018
- 30th January 2019
- 13th March 2019
- 1st May 2019 (AGM)
Everyone is welcome and we would be delighted if more people wanted to come along.
Tea and Toast dates for 2018-19:
- 7th September at 0900hrs
- 26th October at 0900hrs
- 7th December at 0900hrs
- 1st February at 0900hrs
- 15th March at 0900hrs
- 3rd May at 0900hrs
- 21st June at 0900hrs
Parental Engagement Strategy 2017
Please click on the link below to view a copy of the Parental Engagement Strategy for 2017: