What is the Parent Council?
It’s a forum of parents joined by a co-opted teacher member and the head teacher. East Lothian Councillors can also attend.
What is the role of the Parent Council?
The main duties of the Parent Council are to—
- support the school in its work
- consult with and represent the views of parents and carers
- encourage links between the school and its pupils and parents/carers
- report back to all the parents in the school (called the Parent Forum)
- play a role in the appointment of headteachers and depute headteachers
The Chair of the Parent Council and other members also have the opportunity to represent the school on the Preston Seton Gosford area partnership and the East Lothian Association of Parent Council Members.
All meetings of the Parent Council are held in public and parents and carers are welcome to come along to any meeting of the Council to feed in views and find out more.
Our Parent Council members are:
- Co – Chairs: Claire Jamieson and Marie McMath
- Clerk: Anne Thomson
- Co-Opted: No co-opted members at present
Please feel free to contact Claire or Marie by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The dates of the Parent Council meetings are noted below and an agenda will be posted a week prior to the meeting. If you are unable to attend and would like something raised please get in touch via the email address above or through the school office.
Parent Council Meetings:
- 31st August 2022 at 7 – 8pm (AGM)
Minutes from previous meetings:
- 13th October 2021 – Minutes and Playground Improvements Action Points
- 25th August 2021 – Minutes and Playground Improvement Action Points
- 25th May 2021 –Minutes and Playground Improvement Action Points
- 22nd April 2021 – Minutes
- 24th February 2021 – Minutes
- 21st January 2021 – Minutes
- 3rd November 2020 – Minutes
- 23rd September 2020 – Minutes, AGM presentation, Head Teacher Report and Questions to HT
Everyone is welcome and we would be delighted if more people wanted to come along.