The nursery team would like to wish all of the children and their families a very Merry Christmas and a big thank you for all of the gifts which have been handed in for the team. We hope you all have a fantastic holiday and we will see you all in the New Year.
We had a fantastic party yesterday which ended with a visit from Santa. A huge thank you to Jack’s Gran and Grandad who provided us with an ice-cream, the children and staff enjoyed the treat.
Just a reminder that our Christmas Party will be held tomorrow, Thursday 19 Dec. The party starts at 1pm, parents and carers are welcome to join us at 2pm to see our special guest. The children can be signed out after the party.
If anyone is willing to look after our Giant African snails over the holiday, please speak to a member of the nursery team.
All of our learning in nursery is done through play. Here the children had to stop and shout “HO, HO, HO” on a number called out by Mrs Horsburgh.
If you have not yet returned your child’s learning story, can I ask that you do so early next week as the nursery team have lots of updates to be added to them.
We hope everyone enjoyed the Nativity yesterday. The children were fantastic and were a credit to all of you. They worked really hard over the last week or so to learn the songs and the children who volunteered to take the main parts did a great job of telling the Christmas story. Due to a technical glitch I have been unable to upload the photos but hopefully I can get them added next week.
- The Christmas show is on Thursday and begins at 1.30pm please come to the main school door. Tickets will be given out on Monday, 2 tickets per child, please remember that due to numbers for our fire regulations all infants will need their own ticket. If you do not need your tickets please return them to a member of staff as we have a list of parents who would like extra tickets and it is only fair that we do this on a first come first served basis. Children who normally get picked up at lunchtime will need to be taken home after the show and any other parent who wishes to take their child home at that time is free to do so.
- The Christmas party will be on Thursday 19th December. The party will start at 1pm with Santa arriving at 2pm. Parents are welcome to join us at 2pm to see Santa. As with the show the children can go home after the party.
- Friday Packed lunches must be ordered on-line by Wednesday at the latest or there will be no lunch provided. Nursery staff will no longer be able to amend or add orders. Can we also ask parents to ensure they only take what they have ordered and do not swap the food in the bags around.
- There are a few payments outstanding for snack, can we please ask that any overdue snack is paid for before we break up for Christmas.
- If any parent has not managed to have a parent consultation and would like to do so please speak to your child’s key worker or Mrs Pollard and we will do our best to arrange a suitable time.
- There is a parent/carer questionnaire in the children’s communication pocket. We appreciate that this is a busy time of the year but it is really important for the development of our nursery that we obtain the views and comments from parents and carers on whether or not we are meeting your and your child’s needs so we would ask if everyone could spend a few minutes answering the questions and post the completed form into the post box in the nursery cloakroom. Your answers are completely anonymous.
- The next parent forum meeting will be held on Tuesday 17th December at 5pm in the nursery. All parents and carers are welcome to attend.