Booking now open for Practitioners Event!
Wednesday 27th February 2019
1.30-4.30pm (coffee and networking from 1.15pm)
We are delighted to invite you to our next Practitioner Network Event and attach a copy of the programme and Practitioners Newsletter from the last event. This event will include:
- An overview of the new national guidance on Consent & Healthy Relationships
- A presentation about the Rape Crisis Sexual Violence Prevention work with schools (this will be repeated at the next Practitioners event in West Lothian 12th June)
- A presentation on the key findings from our young people’s sexual health services review (please note this item will be a repeat of what was covered at the West Lothian event on 27th September 2018)
- VenuePlease see link below for directions to venue:
- The City of Edinburgh Methodist Church, 25 Nicolson Square, Edinburgh, EH8 9Bx
- To register your place or nominate a colleague:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, job title, organisation, telephone number and email address. Can we very kindly ask you to circulate this invitation to colleagues who may be interested and we look forward to welcoming you on 27th February 2019.
New Training for 2019!
This year we are introducing an additional, new range of free training for professionals working with young people with LD/ASN. We are running 4 short sessions (2 – 3 hours long), which will focus on a single topic/theme in more depth. See the table below for details. These sessions will be aimed at those working with young people aged between 11 and 18. This training is being provided in addition to our main training programme and is designed to complement and expand on the content of the full day LD/ASN module. You can choose to come to some, all or none of these sessions.
|Wednesday 20th February||9.30am – 12.30pm||Autism and RSHP|
|Wednesday 24th April||9.30am – 12.30pm||Teaching RSHP to YP with LD/ASN|
|Wednesday 19th June||1.30pm – 4.30pm||Resources – Finding, using, adapting, making|
|Wednesday 23rd October||1.30pm – 4.30pm||Pregnancy & Parenthood|
All sessions will take place at the Astley Ainslie Hospital. There are no prior training requirements; you do not have to have completed any of our other training modules.
Places are available on all dates. To book please email HealthyRespectTraining@nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk