Applicants must have previously completed Level 1 Child Protection Awareness Raising and Response training.
This course aims to highlight the vulnerability of disabled children and support practitioners when there are concerns about neglect or harm. Disability awareness and effective communication go hand in hand with ensuring these children and young people are safe.
The learning outcomes for this course are:
- To describe the specific vulnerabilities of disabled children.
- To discuss the evidence from research.
- To identify barriers to disclosure and detection.
- To apply ways to minimise vulnerability.
- To use skills in engaging with children and young people.
Date & Time:
Wednesday 20th November from 1.30pm – 4.30pm
Esk Room 1, Brunton Hall, Musselburgh
For more Information Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org