East Lothian Library service is considering delivering a course to school staff on eResources and are trying to gauge what interest there would be in attending. It would be designed for anyone who works with children such as teachers, support for learning, teaching assistants both within primary and secondary schools.
The course would make delegates aware of the e-resources and online services that they can use within the classroom to support learning and literacy.
On completion of the course, participants will:
- Know where to find the Online Library catalogue and be able to search for resources ( AR, Coping Collection, Education library)
- Know how to/Will have set up an online classroom membership.
- Know how to/Will have set up an account for Borrowbox, how to access and the main functions.
- Know how to/Will have set up an account for Rbdigital, how to access, relevant content and the main functions.
- How to access/create account for Pressreader and main functions
- How to access SCRAN and search
- How to access Universal Class and functions.
- Know how to access and use Issues online ( Secondary only)
It would be delivered jointly by school librarians and library headquarters staff and take place within school libraries.
Dates, times and venues are still to be confirmed.
For more information or queries, please speak to your school librarian or email Kelly Gallacher ( see email below)
If you are interested in attending, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, job title and school.