Starts: Monday 28 October 2019
Time required: Four hours a week
Duration: Six weeks
Our successful MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) helps you explore and develop an understanding of the approaches involved in caring for vulnerable children.
In this free online course, we’ll help you explore some of the issues involved in undertaking this task. We’ll consider:
- What we mean by risk and vulnerability
- How we define parenting
- How children grow and develop
- How we can provide children with security through meaningful relationships and attachments
Who should take this course?
It’s suitable for anyone who may come into contact with children who are vulnerable, such as:
- Children’s Panel members
- Social workers
- Foster carers
- Social care workers
- Those considering, going through, or have already adopted a child
- Anyone with an interest in this area
No special software is required and the course is accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop.
The Caring for Vulnerable Children MOOC is delivered through FutureLearn in partnership with the University of Strathclyde and CELCIS.
The course is run over six weeks, and you can choose where and when you learn.