Free Introduction to British Sign Language Course
As part of East Lothian Council’s British Sign Language (BSL) Plan we are offering colleagues the opportunity to learn British Sign Language.
The course takes place over 6 weeks, in 3 hour evening sessions.
You don’t need to have any previous knowledge or experience of BSL to do the course.
What the course will cover:
- Deaf awareness, Finger spelling, Name & Gender
- Where? (Countries and Places) and Emotions
- Numbers, 1-20, Age
- Family and Colours
- Days, Weeks, Months
- Weather and Clothes
- Occupations and Hobbies
- Time and Transport
- Food and Money
Level and certification: This course is introductory level. A certificate of completion will be awarded by Edinburgh College.
Dates, time & location:
- Monday 27th January 2020 Esk Rooms 2 @ the Brunton, Musselburgh
- Monday 3rd February 2020 Esk Room 1 @ The Brunton, Musselburgh
- Monday 17th February 2020 Esk Room 1 @ the Brunton, Musselburgh
- Monday 24th February 2020 Esk Room 2 @ The Brunton , Musselburgh
- Monday 2nd March 2020 Esk Room 1 @ The Brunton, Musselburgh
- Monday 9th March 2020 Esk Room 1 @ the Brunton, Musselburgh
All classes are 6pm to 9pm
How to apply: To apply to do this course please email email@example.com Please include your name and job role and contact details.
More information: For more information about the Council’s British Sign Language Plan please visit www.eastlothian.gov.uk/britishsignlanguageplan