There are a host of learning opportunities and support on offer through the Connecting Classrooms programme. Whether you want to collaborate with other schools locally and internationally, or you’re looking for personal development opportunities, you can tailor your journey to suit your needs and priorities, thanks to the programme’s flexible range of elements. It’s completely adaptable to your needs no matter what your role, the subjects you teach, or your whole-school priorities.
Co-funded by the British Council and the Department for International Development (DfID), the programme offers:
- Help to find partner schools both here in Scotland and overseas.
- Free classroom resources to support pupil projects themed around Learning for Sustainability and the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Free support from local experts across Scotland to help practitioners, pupils and settings develop their projects, build & sustain local and international partnerships and apply for funding.
- Generous funding to facilitate events, training, project work and international visits (once circumstances permit) by educators to their partner schools in other countries
- Fully-funded professional learning: delivered in a way that suits you and your setting
- Automatic recognition leading to accreditation through the British Council International School Award.