This year’s Dyslexia Scotland Education Conference will take place online on Saturday 3 October 2020 (9:00am – 2:15pm).
The keynote speeches and workshops will be pre-recorded, but you will have the opportunity to take part in a live Q&A session with the morning keynote speakers on the day. You can see the programme for the day here.
The cost of this virtual conference is £60. There is a £10 discount for Dyslexia Scotland Members.
The morning keynote speakers will be:
- Neil Mackay (Freelance Consultant and Trainer at Action Dyslexia)
- Yasmine and Suzette Clarke (Dyslexia Scotland Young Ambassador and her Mum)
- Charlie Martin (Partnership Manager at The Wise Group).
From 1:00pm until 2:15pm: you’ll have the opportunity to put questions to the morning speakers and to join a Covid-19 forum led by Fran Foreman from Education Scotland. Fran is also Chair of the Addressing Dyslexia Toolkit Working Group.
In the afternoon (or in your own time), you will be able to access five pre-recorded workshops:
- Assistive Technology and Dyslexia: Do I need an App? (Shirley Lawson, CALL Scotland)
- Multi-sensory Activities in the Classroom (Blair Minchin, Victoria Primary School in Edinburgh)
- SQA Assessments Arrangements and Beyond… (Dawn Roberts, Fife Council)
- Writing Skills for Reluctant Writers (Neil Mackay, Action Dyslexia)
- Inclusive Reading Approaches (Neil Mackay, Action Dyslexia)
This Education Conference provides an ideal opportunity for delegates to gain insights into the innovative approaches being developed across Scotland to support dyslexic individuals, families and professionals. This conference is suitable for teaching and other educational staff in Scottish schools and local authorities.
Please register for this event online – tickets are on sale now.
If you have any questions about this year’s conference, please email email@example.com