There are a range of free sessions on offer, with a focus on reading for recovery and health and wellbeing of pupils in the new term. These will be held online for the foreseeable and they’ll be hosted on Microsoft Teams.
Upcoming training sessions
- Building a reading culture in your classroom (NQTs)– Thursday 12 August, 16.30-17.45
- Introducing Read, Write, Count in public libraries– Thursday 26 August, 16.30-17.30
- First Minister’s Reading Challenge Shared Practice Showcase– Wednesday 8 September, 16.30-18.00
- Building a reading culture in your classroom– Wednesday 15 September, 16.30-17.45
- Building a reading culture in your secondary school– Thursday 16 September, 16.30-17.45
- Building a reading culture in your primary school– Monday 20 September, 16.30-17.45
- Gifting the Bookbug Primary 1 Family Bag & Read, Write, Count bags– Thursday 23 September, 16.30-17.45
- Make the most of the Bookbug Primary 1 Family Bag– Tuesday 28 September, 16.30-17.30
- Make the most of the Read, Write, Count Primary 2 bag– Thursday 30 September, 16.30-17.30
- Empowering teens with books and reading– Wednesday 6 October, 16.30-17.30
- Make the most of the Read, Write, Count Primary 3 bag– Thursday 7 October, 16.30-17.30
- Book discovery for secondary schools – Wednesday 27 October, 16.30-17.30
- Book discovery for primary schools– Thursday 4 November, 16.30-17.30
We also run #ChildrensBookChat sessions on Twitter throughout the year (@ScottishBkTrust), which are great opportunities to find out about new books, ask us for personal recommendations and chat to other learning professionals. The next #ChildrensBookChat session will be held on Wednesday 14 September at 8pm and we hope to see you then!