Public Protection Is Everyone’s Responsibility
Wednesday 17th November 2021
9.30am – 12.30pm
Who is this learning for?
This training is for any staff member in East Lothian and Midlothian who has not previously completed any Public Protection training. It provides a basic awareness of child protection, adult support and protection and violence against women and girls.
The protection of children, young people and adults at risk of harm is everyone’s responsibility and this course aims to ensure that all employees across both Councils and 3rd sector organisations understand what public protection is, what to do and where to go if they have concerns or if they think someone is at risk of harm.
What are the learning outcomes?
• Understand the themes of public protection and the impact of trauma through the lifespan.
• Understand different types of harm and abuse
• Develop an awareness of the signs of harm and abuse
• Understand your role and responsibilities within public protection
• Know what to do if you are worried about a child, young person or adult
How will the training be delivered?
This training will take place on a virtual basis, using Microsoft Teams.
How do I apply?
You are required to seek your manager’s approval, ensure that you are available on the day, and that you have protected time to attend before enrolling. You can then apply by completing the enrolment form overleaf. Places will be offered on a first come, first served basis. The closing date for booking on this course is 6th October. Applicants will be notified shortly thereafter if they have been allocated a space on this course.
To apply, click here.