Date & Time: Thu 21 February 2019, 13:30 – 16:30
Location: Norton Park Conference Centre, Napier Room, 57 Albion Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5QY
Cost: Free to Attend – maximum 2 tickets per organisation.
Gypsy/Traveller community members and MECOPP staff will lead an interactive seminar; a chance to dispel myths and promote dialogue. This free to attend seminar will be of relevance to all who are interested in looking at their own policies and practices with regard to minority groups and especially those who work with carers in Scotland.
The Aims of MECOPP Gypsy/Traveller Awareness Raising Seminars Are:
- To increase understanding of the situation of Gypsy/Travellers carers in Scotland.
- To highlight the discrimination often faced by Gypsy/Travellers.
- To increase knowledge of the legislative and policy framework in Scotland.
The seminar will be led by Gypsy/Travellers, some of whom are carers themselves, and will include:
- Opportunities to share good practice and/or difficulties encountered.
- Opportunities to hear from Gypsy/Traveller carers.
- An examination of case studies which focus on the issues faced by informal carers within the Gypsy/Traveller community.
To book your place on this seminar, please visit the MECOPP Eventbrite page here.