For: All working in Early Learning and Childcare
Each training is designed for Early Years Practitioners keen to use the outdoors more but who are just not sure of those first few steps. We will spend time in a habitat specific to the training, looking at practicalities, some potential activities, responsible use of the habitat and specifically – site risk assessment. The sessions will be as interactive and practical as possible, with opportunity to share and develop activities and ideas within the group.
x2 Beach Habitat sessions:
- Monday the 9th September 5.15- 7.15pm at Cockenzie Shore
Meeting point tbc
This stretch of coast is more rocky and urban in setting, which includes a harbour.
- Wednesday the 11th September 5.15-7.15pm at Yellowcraig Beach
Yellowcraig is more remote, sandy and expansive.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Sessions will be attended and supported by Louise Juhl/Emma Scafe, Early Years Support Teachers
- Entire course will be outdoors so please come prepared for all weathers and with sturdy footwear
- Car sharing where possible is appreciated
- ELC staff will also need to undertake a Visit Leader Training session (5hr – free) from Outdoor Learning – offered as part of their suite of bolt on training sessions. Please see edubuzz.org/outdoorlearning for more details or get in touch to discuss specific requests.
- 16 spaces available with a maximum of 2 people per setting to allow for as many settings as possible to attend
HOW TO BOOK